- Robotic Cleaners
- Spas & Hot Tubs
- Parts & Filters
- Pools & Services
10 Things you Must Know before Purchasing an Above Ground Pool
1. The Pool Liner Is The Most Important Part of Your Pool- Liners made in the USA are by far thicker and tougher than imports and are not made from recycled vinyl. Always purchase liners made in the USA.
2. Start With a Solid Foundation– Stone dustpacks like cement andis far superior to beach sand as a pool base. Beach sand will erode over time. When it comes time to install, insist on stone dust.
3. Install a Quality Floor Pad – Always buy a floor pad to install beneath the liner. This will cushion the liner and protect it from the earth, extending the life of the liner.
4. DE Filters Are the Finest Filtration– DE filters will remove particles down to 2 microns. If you fill your pool with well water, a DE filter is a priceless investment. A cartridge/element filter only filters to 10 microns, and a sand filter to 20 microns. Demand a DE filter.
5. Thermo Wall for Heat Retention - Thermo-Wall is a product that provides effective heat insulation to your pool wall by acting as a solar blanket all around the pool. Buy Thermo Wall and lengthen your swimming season.
6. Enjoy Brand Sanitizer - Sanitizing your pool properly is vital to the health and safety of your family. Use Enjoy brand sanitizer and make your water healthy and inviting. Enjoy is by far the safest and easiest product on the market, and will greatly reduce the amount of chlorine needed in the pool.
7. Can You Trust the Company? - There is no substitute for being able to speak directly with your salesperson for all of your concerns and questions. Only buy from a swimming pool company with a good reputation and a storefront. You will not regret this choice in the long run.
8. Choose Quality Products– Cheap imports may have a smaller price tag, but won’t last. In the long run they will cost you more in money and aggravation. Purchase quality and enjoy the benefit for a lifetime.
9. Know Your Installer - Only allow licensed and insured contractors on your property. Ask for references. Also, make sure the installer uses a full patio block under the uprights – don’t skimp.
10. A Warranty Is Important. – A good warranty speaks to the confidence the manufacturer has in its product line. Always purchase a pool built by reputable manufacturers of quality.