This winterizing kit helps keep your pool free from algae during the winter months. This kit is designed for pools up to 15,000 gallons.
- Winter Algaecide
- Stain & Scale Preventative
- Winterizing Cartridge
(Click Here for Downloadable Version)
Important! Do not winterize pool until water is properly balanced and is clear of all algae growth, dirt, and leaves.
- Stop chlorination 24 hours prior to winterization.
- Pour entire bottle of winter algaecide into pool, making sure product is evenly distributed around entire pool.
- Pour entire bottle of stain & scale preventative into pool, also making sure product is evenly distributed.
- If possible, allow pump to circulate for at least one hour to ensure that the above chemicals disperse evenly.
- Lower water and drain lines, pump, filter and heater of all water according to manufacturer’ s instructions. If you use pool anti—freeze, add it to your plumbing at this time.
- For kits that contain a white cartridge with oval or oblong top:
Punch through four holes at bottom on both sides as indicated. Place in pool. Do not throw in pool.
- Cover pool with solid cover. *
- Note: If spring is unusually warm, it is desirable to lift up one end of cover and look for signs of algae growth. If detected, an additional dose of winterizing algaecide should be added.
- In spring, remove cover, reconnect all plumbing, raise water, and remove and discard winterizing cartridge.
Note: Ingredients in this kit will only be effective through, mid may. Thereafter, a regular pool care maintenance, program must be started.
* For safety covers (mesh), an additional bottle of winterizing algaecide must be added to the pool in early march.