Pool Frog Bac Pac Model 5051
- Destroys bacteria continuously for weeks
- Controls the rate of chlorine delivery
- Never touch the chlorinating tablets
For Use With
- POOL FROG Series 5100
- POOL FROG Series 5200
- POOL FROG Series 5400
- POOL FROG Series 5600
- POOL FROG Series 6100
About the Pool Frog Bac Pac Model 5051
Pool Frog's Bac Pac provides pool owners with a way to supply chlorine to their systems slowly and steadily, enabling maximum chlorine effectiveness. Bac Pac is a cartridge insert that works with all Frog and Cycler systems to provide a way to eliminate constant hand feeding of chlorine on a daily basis to maintain pool health as well as saving considerable time and money with this more efficient, self-contained system.
This pac is a disinfectant that is part of an advanced pool care system that uses the POOL FROG Mineral Reservoir with low levels of chlorine to destroy bacteria continuously for weeks under normal conditions in a stabilized pool. The conveniently disposable pac lets you control the rate of chlorine delivery to meet changing conditions in your pool by simply adjusting the control dial on the POOL FROG Cycler. You never have to touch the chlorinating tablets. When used with FROG minerals, it kills bacteria 2 ways. Item number 01-03-5880.
- Pre-filled with 2.2 Pounds of chlorine tablets
- Provides a long lasting low-dose of chlorine prefilled for no mess
- BacPac Pool Refill Cartridges for use with Pool Frog In-ground or Above Ground Mineral Reservoirs Series (5100, 5200, 5400, 5600, and 6100)
- Automatically controls rate of Chlorine delivery for 1-3 Weeks (depending on the size of your pool)
- Prefilled Cartridge makes replacement easy – it’s no mess, no guess and no stress!
- Low Level Chlorine Is Easier on Hair, Skin And Swimsuits
Directions for Use
- Adjust pH level to 7.2 –7.8.
- Bring Free Available Chlorine (FAC) residual to 1.0 ppm using a chlorine shock. Follow Manufacturer’s Label Directions.
- Stabilize the pool with cyanuric acid stabilizer. Follow Manufacturer’s Label Directions.
- To install pac: Take POOL FROG Cycler cap off. Remove pac colored caps. Hold pac so the open end faces down. Insert into POOL FROG Mineral Reservoir. The end of the pac must align with the key located inside the POOL FROG Cycler at the bottom. DO NOT FORCE. Replace cycler cap and set the control dial per the size and pump run time of your pool according to the chart in the manual included with the POOL FROG Mineral Reservoir. Monitor chlorine level daily for the first week to determine correct dial setting. Turn the control dial to the next higher setting to increase the FAC and turn it to the next lower setting to decrease the FAC. Check the FAC residual with FROG Test Strips and increase/decrease one setting per day until you achieve at least 0.5 ppm. Do not enter the pool until the chlorine residual is at least 0.5 ppm.
- Once you have determined the proper setting for your pool, you do not have to readjust the setting under normal conditions. If conditions change (i.e. weather, rain, pool use, bather load, etc.) the control dial can be easily adjusted to increase or decrease the chlorine feed.
- Super chlorinate if needed. Do not add shock treatment to the skimmer. Turn control dial to Minimum or Setting #0 before super chlorinating. Once desired FAC has been obtained, return the control dial to the normal operating setting.
- Periodically check the pac and replace with a new one when empty. Do not attempt to open or refill this pac.
DO NOT REUSE. NOTE: Some settling may occur during shipment. DO NOT REMOVE LABEL.
- Thrichloro-s-Triazinetrione: 99%
- Other Ingredients: 1%
- Available Chlorine: 90%
Adopt a FROG for Worry-Free Water!
- Less work with no daily dosing.
- Reduces chlorine use up to 50%.*
- Adopt an easier, more fun pool environment.
* Compared to the minimum EPA recommended chlorine level of 1.0 ppm for a stabilized swimming pool.