There are many different techniques to use to efficiently and expertly close your pool for the winter. Regardless of the method that either you or a pool professional have decided to use, there’s always a few simple rules that need to be followed.
- Your pool is designed to never be drained of water below the level of the skimmer.
- Never let your swimming pool overflow
- Don’t forget to remove the pool water from all of the plumbing pipes as well as all equipment. Pipes should all be blown out and main drains need to be air locked.
- If you are removing water from the top of a pool cover make sure that you add the same amount of water back to the pool simultaneously.
- Exterior water surrounding your pool or near it should never be allowed to flow into your swimming pool.
Nothing beats an expert doing the work! We recommend a pool builder, plumber, or pool service professional that has the proper training and experience needed in your area. Requesting references from that service company is also suggested. This way you can double check and make sure that who you are hiring understands winterization techniques. E-Z Test Pool Supplies is also available to answer any questions that you may have. Please contact us here or reach out to any of our 3 retail locations.