This amazingly easy to use product is applied prior to shock treatment, killing yellow, green, or pink algae with ease. Yellow Out works with all pool types including those with salt chlorine generators and plaster finishes. Sometimes you don’t even need a brush when choosing to go with Yellow Out. If the pH level of your pool checks in at a 7.8 or higher, this would be a solid range for ideal product performance. This differs completely from other algae treatments which require a lower pH to be more efficient. Yellow Out is also not affected by high levels of cyanuric acid and doesn’t add any bothersome metals to your pool water. Yellow Out gets amazing cleanup results when used prior to a shock treatment with most results typically being seen within the first 24 hours.
Yellow Out Application Tips
- Never pre-mix Yellow Out with chlorine.
- Never add Yellow Out to a bucket or pail.
- Never vacuum the pool immediately after using Yellow Out.
- Never add to skimmer basket or filter suction line as a very strong reaction with chlorine can occur if not mixed in the pool.
- Circulate pool water through the filter and, for best results, brush the pool well before beginning.
- Never add more Yellow Out than is recommended.
How Do You Apply Yellow Out?
- Make sure that you shake well to break up all the lumps. It is normal for the product to lump together while in transit. Your pool should be within the following ranges:
- pH > 7.8
- alkalinity 80-120 ppm
- cyanuric acid 25 – 75 ppm
- chlorine level 2 – 2.5 ppm
- Go ahead and add 2 pounds of Yellow Out per 15,000 gallons of water. You’ll want to spread half of it along the perimeter of the pool, and start where the algae is the thickest. Concentrate the rest directly over the problem areas.
- Wait 5 minutes and add 2 pounds of powdered chlorine per 15,000 gallons of water.
- Don’t forget to circulate your pool water with filtration for 24 hours and only use the main drain if possible.
- Add additional chlorine at the same amount both after 12 and 24 hours have elapsed.
- Lastly, return equipment and chemical balance to normal after cleaning up.
How Do I Purchase Yellow Out?
E-Z Test Pool Supplies has Yellow Out from Natural Chemistry available for purchase on our website. Make sure that you also check out the other Coral Seas / Natural Chemistry products that are available for sale on our website as well. Have questions? You can Contact Us Here and a member of our team would be happy to reach out.