Pentair 011059 Intelliflo(R) I1 Variable Speed Pump; 28 Inch Length x 12.5 Inch Width x 16 Inch Height
For pools in an area restricting the rate of flow on replacement pumps, the IntelliFlo with its hydraulic design reduces flow rates while providing significant energy savings. The i1 pump also has a maximum rating of 7 amps, which helps make retrofits easier in applications that are limited by existing wire gauge size.
- Permanent magnet motor runs cooler, produces less vibration than induction motors.
- Totally enclosed fan-cooled (TEFC) design protects against the elements.
- Built-in diagnostics that detect the most common causes of premature wear and tear - loss of prime, overheating, freezing and voltage irregularities - protect the pump for longer service life.
- Improves the efficiency of automatic chlorinators and chemical dispensers because water moves slower for longer periods of time.
- The quietest pump on the planet - thanks to its permanent magnet motor, TEFC design and the fact that it can operate at lower speeds.
- Rotatable integrated keypad for easy programming and viewing with optional wall kit 356904Z (Sold Separately)
- 8 programmable speed settings and built-in timer assure optimum speed and run times for maximum efficiency and savings.
- Exclusive software and digital controls
- Full compatibility with IntelliTouch, EasyTouch, SunTouch or other brands of digital pool/spa controls
General overview of IntelliFlo i1
The Pentair Intelliflo i1 is identical to Pentair's VS+ 011018 pump. The only difference is the impeller and diffuser size, which is equivalent to a 1 HP Pump. This reduced impeller and diffuser size limits the flow rating of the pump as well as the amp draw.
How is “i1” different than normal IntelliFlo?
Certain parts of Southern California (Los Angeles County) has restrictions on the max flow rate a pump can produce when connected to 2" and smaller diameter piping. For this reason, Pentair introduced the i1 Intelliflo which is restricted to 65gpm at 60 feet total dynamic feet of head, even if it is set at the maximum 3450 RPM setting.
Arizona has also begun regulations and the 011009 pump satisfies both L.A. County and Arizona's restrictions.